Medical errors are unfortunately common throughout Michigan. To help mitigate the confusion and uncertainty after an injury, we try to answer any question that may come across your mind. We hope that the knowledge we provide can give you direction on what to do next, from collecting evidence and calculating damages to pursuing a claim for compensation.
Along with answering questions, a skilled lawyer can assist you with each step of your case. In fact, we may be able to assist you in receiving a settlement or reimbursement for damages. The attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. have the experience and expertise with gathering evidence, calculating damages, and negotiating an appropriate settlement for you after a medical mistake was made.
Get Answers to Your Malpractice Questions Below
Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers are aware that you probably have many questions about your current situation or a case involving someone that you love. We try to answer many of these questions below. Although each medical malpractice case is unique, these frequently asked questions and answers could provide you with some guidance regarding what initial steps should be taken.
Some of the common questions we receive about malpractice cases include:
- What is “informed consent”?
- If I sign a consent form, do I waive my rights to sue?
- How do I know if I have a case against a doctor or other medical professional?
- Who can I sue for medical malpractice?
- Do I need a medical malpractice lawyer to file a case?
- What types of compensation could I receive?
- What is the damage cap for medical malpractice cases?
- How much time do I have to file a lawsuit?
- Can I file a medical malpractice lawsuit for a misdiagnosis?
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions that we hear from clients throughout Michigan who have suffered injuries due to medical malpractice. Of course, you may have other inquiries regarding your unique case that must be addressed by a skillful attorney. To discuss the specifics of your case, reach out to Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. today.