Our Michigan nursing home abuse settlements are amongst the highest in the entire state. We get substantial settlements for nursing home residents and their families in cases of abuse and neglect. Injuries include bedsores, fractured hips, broken bones, and death.
We can help you if you believe that you or your family member was the victim of neglect in a Michigan nursing home. The negligent provider may be liable for significant damages for the failure to provide appropriate treatment or care, especially when the injuries and the damages caused by the improper treatment are substantial. Our Michigan lawyers that focus on mistreatment in care facilities have obtained significant settlements for victims of nursing home abuse. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $290,000 Jury verdict for hospital bedsores
- $275,000 Settlement against Michigan nursing home for bedsores
- $200,000 Settlement for a resident who suffered Stage IV bedsore
- Confidential Nursing Home Neglect Settlement for Elopement injuries
- Confidential Settlement against a Detroit nursing home fall injury
Examples Of Our Michigan Nursing Home Lawsuit Settlements
- $5,000,000 Jury verdict for a Southfield assisted living wrongful death.
- $3,650,000 Settlement for a Michigan assisted home wrongful death lawsuit.
- $600,000 Settlement in a wrongful death lawsuit for a fall in a Detroit area nursing home van.
- $565,000 Settlement for a Northern Michigan nursing home fall injury.
- $400,000 Settlement for a sexual assault on a resident suffering from dementia in Macomb County.
- $290,000 Settlement for a Battle Creek area assisted living fall resulting in death lawsuit.
- $275,000 Settlement for a Detroit nursing home neglect bedsore complication.
- $250,000 Settlement for an Ann Arbor resident with a fractured hip when dropped by a nurse.
- $200,000 Settlement for a Wayne Countyadult foster care (AFC Home) resident with burn injuries.
- $200,000 Settlement for a nursing home resident that fell out of bed in Macomb County.
- $175,000 Settlement for a Stage IV pressure ulcer in a Rochester skilled nursing facility
Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
The amount of a nursing home settlement depends on a number of different factors. Some of these include:
- How strong is the case of negligence against the nursing home?
- Can it be proven that neglect or abuse caused an injury to the patient?
- What type of injuries or harm did the resident suffer?
- What kind of medical treatment was needed for the injuries?
- How much are the medical bills and expenses?
We have listed many of our recent settlements against nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and memory care units at the bottom of this page. You should beware that these facilities often insist on a settlement being “confidential” so we are unable to list many our largest settlement awards on our website.
Call a Lawyer to Discuss Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Settlements
Every nursing home resident has the legal right to be treated with care and respect. If you believe your loved one was injured due to the neglect, maltreatment, or abuse of a nursing home policy or its staff members, consider reaching out to a compassionate Michigan lawyer.
Even when injuries are apparent, navigating the claims process alone to seek recovery may be overwhelming and confusing. By enlisting a skilled attorney at Buckfire & Buckfire, you could focus on spending time with your loved one with the knowledge that a legal professional is on your side. Call today to discuss your case and get started on a claim.
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626