The Michigan wrongful death attorney you choose to represent you is the difference between you getting a great settlement or no settlement at all. Getting the maximum settlement you’re entitled to is a job for an experienced wrongful death lawyer with a winning record. If a loved one has passed away due to negligence by another person or entity, call us to start your claim.
How Much are Wrongful Death Settlements?
That is the most common question asked by Michigan personal injury, car accident, and medical malpractice clients that contact our personal injury law firm. Unfortunately, this is a very difficult question to answer because every case has its own unique set of circumstances.
The law in Michigan provides compensation for surviving family members to include money for conscious pain and suffering prior to the death, the loss of companionship of family members, medical expenses, lost income and services, and funeral and burial expenses. Our attorneys will put all of these claims together and demand the highest possible settlement available under the law.
Calculating the Settlement Payout Amount
There are several factors that go into calculating the final settlement amount. Some of these factors include:
- How did the car accident, injury, or medical malpractice occur?
- Did the incident or accident cause the death?
- Did the decedent have pain and suffering prior to passing away?
- How has the loss of the decedent affected the surviving family members?
- Was there a loss of income or earnings resulting from the death?
- Were there medical expenses incurred as a result of the wrongful death?
- Is there an insurance policy to pay a settlement?
- How much are the insurance policy limits to cover your loss?
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that go into determining a fair settlement for your Michigan wrongful death case. This is not even a complete list and there are other elements considered in determining the amount of compensation for a case. Our attorneys will evaluate your case and give you an honest assessment of the settlement range for your claim.
Examples of Our Michigan Wrongful Death Settlements
- $5,080,000 Jury verdict against an Oakland County assisted living facility
- $3,600,000 Settlement in an assisted living wrongful death lawsuit
- $3,500,000 Settlement against a Detroit area hospital for the wrongful death of a patient
- $3,035,000 Settlement for a truck accident in the City of Detroit
- $2,500,00 Settlement for a fatal motorcycle crash involving a biker and passenger
- $1,325,000 Waterford fatal pedestrian accident settlement against a corporation
- $1,500,000 Settlement in a Shiawassee County fatal car accident lawsuit
- $1,000,000 Macomb County wrongful death lawsuit for a bicycle accident
- $900,000 Lansing area car accident settlement for the death of a son and brother
- $725,000 Settlement for the death of a child at a Macomb County apartment complex
- $650,000 Settlement for an apartment complex pool drowning
- $600,000 Settlement in a death case due to a fall in a transportation van
- $450,000 Medical malpractice wrongful death settlement against a surgeon and hospital
Other Settlements for Accidental Death Cases in Michigan
- $7,000,000 wrongful death settlement in an Oakland County fatal auto accident lawsuit.
- $5,000,000 settlement for bicyclist hit by a public transportation bus
- $4,500,000 settlements for the family of a young man run over by a septic truck.
- $4,140,000 fall settlement for the surviving family of a tenant who died when a guardrail failed and he fell to his death.
- $3,825,000 a death settlement for a pedestrian hit by a truck crossing an intersection.
Our Michigan Wrongful Death Lawyers
Our Michigan wrongful death lawyers work tirelessly to win settlements for people just like you. Call us today to speak with one of our award-winning attorneys. Remember, it is important to call an attorney as soon as you believe you have a case because there are specific time deadlines that must be met when wrongful death cases.
The Buckfire Law Firm will represent you under our No Fee Promise, which means you will not pay anything legal fees unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you. There is nothing to lose, so contact us right now for your free, no obligation case review!
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626
By: Michael Fezzey
Client Description: There were many options when choosing a firm to represent my family regarding a wrongful death we opted to pursue. My first thought was to check Google Reviews, their website, and finally some basic Internet review. Having these sources were of tremendous benefit to me. We chose this law firm based on resources available and the positive reviews I came across. I worked primarily with Bob who, in the end, proved to go above what I expected. Living in Grand Rapids and having a firm in the Detroit area made me assume there would be some disconnect at times. It was not the case. Bob made us feel involved and up-to-date at all junctures of the case. He made calls on weekends, getting kids around for activities when he was home, and at numerous points in the case. We truly felt involved and he had no issue explaining things in laymen terms to us. He was prompt to call/text whenever we had questions. I would certainly recommend him, and the law firm, to anyone in need of these services. He was empathetic to our situation and took the time necessary to balance that with the legalities that ensured. Great job!
Rating: ★★★★★ 5 / 5 stars