Getting the maximum truck accident settlement you’re entitled to is a job for an experienced personal injury lawyer with a winning record. Our award-winning lawyers are here to help if you or someone you care about was the victim of truck accident in Michigan. We will start working on your case immediately to win you the highest possible compensation under the law.
Is There an Average Truck Accident Settlement Amount?
No, there is no average settlement amount because every case is completely different. While an average of all published truck accident settlements could be calculated, it would not provide a basis for determining how much your case is worth. There is also no database of all settlements to even find out the average of all of the settlements so this would not even be a worthwhile attempt.
What Factors are Used to Determine a Trucking Crash Settlement?
In determining the proper amount for a settlement, several factors are considered by the lawyers and insurance companies. There is no schedule or guideline for determining the amount, but rather the skill and experience of your attorney is what will get you the best settlement. The factors include the:
- Degree of negligence of all parties in the crash
- Seriousness of the injuries, such as a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or bone fractures
- Manner in which the injuries have affected the person’s normal life and activities
- Psychological and emotional trauma resulting from the crash and injuries
- Permanence of any scars and disfigurements
- Type of medical treatments, surgeries, and rehabilitation resulting from the collision
- Loss of income, wages, and earning capacity suffered by the victim
- Insurance policy limits for the trucking company and truck driver
In cases involving fatal accidents, the surviving family members can demand compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. These lawsuits seek payouts for the pain and suffering of the victim, the loss of society and companionship of family members, and economic losses caused by the death.
Who is Responsible for Paying the Settlement?
Trucking companies are required to have insurance to operate on the streets and highways. Federal law requires they that have higher insurance policy limits than other vehicles and many companies have fleet policies with limits much higher than the legal requirements. For this reason, the settlement amounts are often substantial because there is insurance money available to cover all of the losses.
Examples Of Our Michigan Truck Accident Settlements
- $3,035,000 Wrongful death settlement against a trucking company in the Detroit area
- $2,000,000 Settlement for a man in a jackknife accident with a tractor-trailer in West Michigan
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a client who was struck by a semi-truck on I-94 near Detroit.
- $1,425,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered paraplegia in a bank truck crash
- $950,000 Settlement for a woman in Saginaw who was rear-ended by a truck.
- $800,000 Settlement for a Muskegon man who was hit by a truck on the highway.
- $675,000 Settlement for a Genesee County woman who suffered orthopedic injuries
- $525,000 Settlement for a truck accident victim on I-75 in Detroit, Michigan
More Examples of Truck Accident Settlements In Michigan
- $11,900,000 fatal truck accident settlement filed on behalf of three passengers who were killed when a speeding truck driver ran a red light, swerved into oncoming traffic and flipped over onto their vehicle. The passengers were trapped and crushed under the weight of the truck and died due to asphyxiation.
- $8,000,000 truck accident settlement for two passengers who were severely injured when a semi-truck collided with their minivan. One passenger suffered from a severe traumatic brain injury and facial, rib, and vertebral fractures. His wife suffered from a closed-head injury, several fractures, nerve damage, and a torn meniscus which required surgery.
- $7,000,000 Lansing area settlement after a semi truck turned in front of a family car that resulted in a fatality and severe injuries to others.
- $4,950,000 head on truck accident settlement. The victim suffered from a traumatic brain injury, fractures of the hip, femur, and tibia, and knee injuries which required surgery.
- $4,900,000 settlement for a family who suffered serious injuries in a tractor-trailer rear end accident in Michigan.
- $4,700,000 fatal truck accident settlement for a backseat passenger in a vehicle plowed into by a negligent truck driver. A passenger was fatally injured in a Michigan trucking accident.
- $4,530,000 settlement for man who suffered spinal injuries after his car was hit by a semi-truck driver on a Michigan highway.
- $4,250,000 truck accident wrongful death settlement filed by the family of a woman who was killed by a semi-truck driver.
Find out What Your Truck Accident Case is Worth
To find out how much your case is worth, call to speak with our best-rated truck accident lawyers. If you have a case, we will start working on it immediately. We do not charge you any legal fees unless we are recover a settlement for you. We even pay the case costs and expenses so there is no risk at all.
I was on vacation from Florida when I was involved in an auto accident. I sought help from Buckfire & Buckfire and Mr. Robert Lantzy has been by my side all the way.Whether it was weekends or evenings, Mr. Lantzy was communicating and being on top of things even though I am out of state. I felt more like a family member than a client.I cannot recommend enough Mr. Robert Lantzy and Buckfire & Buckfire for a personal injury attorney.
Robert Lantzy from Buckfire and Buckfire represented me in an auto accident and did an amazing job settling the case.Throughout the entire process he was always extremely professional, always available to answer any questions I had and always kept me informed as to what was going on with the case.I would highly recommend this firm, and Robert as an attorney.
If you are in need of an attorney who will fight for you, do not hesitate to call Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. You will be so glad you did! I will never be able to express my level of gratitude because there are no such words.
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626