Editor’s note: Read This Book Before You Hire A Lawyer Or Speak to the Insurance Company
Michigan nursing homes are advertised as safe and caring communities where those in need of assisted living can call home. Unfortunately, many nursing home residents are often neglected and abused by their caretakers. As a result, it is important to know the signs of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment to protect your loved ones.
The Ultimate Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook explains everything you need to know about the laws surrounding nursing home abuse situations, all in easy-to-read language. The handbook begins with the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect, then touches on the steps it takes to file a suit, and also explains why most nursing facility injuries are not often reported or discovered. While you can get the handbook on Amazon.com for $14.95, we will send you a free digital copy by filling out the form below.
Many people are not aware of the current laws and what can be done to receive compensation for improper treatment of residents. That’s why managing partner and lead trial attorney Lawrence Buckfire has written a comprehensive guide to nursing home abuse and neglect cases that details everything you need to know about your legal rights to move forward with a lawsuit. Buckfire has been handling Michigan nursing home abuse cases for the families of victims for decades.
The 33-page book reveals:
- What is a nursing home neglect case? (Page 8)
- What are signs to look for if you suspect nursing home neglect and abuse? (Page 8)
- Common causes of mistreatment (Page 8)
- What must be proven to win your nursing home neglect lawsuit? (Page 8)
- How nursing home abuse and neglect is considered medical malpractice (Page 8)
- What are injuries caused by negligence? (Page 8)
- Are all injuries sustained in a nursing home caused by negligence? (Page 8)
- How records are collected to decide if case is provable (Page 9)
- The timeline of picking up a case and moving forward with filing suit (Page 9)
- What is the Michigan artificial damages limit? (Page 10)
- Your rights as a patient/resident under federal and Michigan law, Explained (Page 11)
- How the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect can go unnoticed (Pages 12-14)
- Why might residents not know they are victims? (Page 12)
- What are considered “significant damages” caused by a case? (Page 13)
- Michigan Statute of Limitations on nursing home abuse, Explained (Page 14)
- The legal process in nursing home negligence cases (Pages 19-21)
- And much more!
Our guide explains the strategies the nursing home industry will use to avoid paying you a fair settlement.
It also reveals why it’s best to find a skillful Michigan nursing home neglect attorney for your case and the crucial questions that you must ask before you hire a lawyer. To learn more, reach out to the legal team at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. today.