A car accident can be an extremely traumatizing experience and can leave victims feeling lost have numerous questions about their legal rights and options after suffering and confused. The attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. understand that victims injuries. We answer many of these frequently asked questions in order to guide people through the legal process.
These questions include:
- Should I hire a lawyer after an accident?
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?
- Who pays for damages to my car?
- How much time do I have to file an auto accident lawsuit?
- How much is compensation for pain and suffering?
- How is a settlement determined for my injuries in a car accident claim?
- Is Michigan a no-fault insurance state?
- Am I entitled to get paid for lost wages after a car crash?
- Who pays my medical bills and treatment expenses?
- Can an injured passenger file an injury claim?
- What qualifies you for a car accident lawsuit?
Unfortunately, car crashes in Michigan are a common occurrence. In 2018, there were 974 fatal car crashes in Michigan. The number of accident deaths keeps rising every year despite advances in vehicle safety and safety features. In addition to deaths, there are thousands of serious and life-changing injuries that happen every day in a motor vehicle collision.
Common reasons for these accidents included careless and reckless driving, distracted driving, drunk driving, and negligence. In many crashes, there are disputes and confusion about which driver was at fault for the accident.
The Michigan no-fault insurance laws are both complex and confusing. Victims and their families often get the runaround by their own insurance company. Many people lose out on valuable benefits and settlement payouts because they did not seek the proper legal advice after the accident. There are strict time deadlines for filing claims and if you wait too long to speak with an experienced lawyer you may lose your rights to fair compensation.
Get Answers to Your Questions & Free Legal Advice
We have listed below the most frequently asked questions of our attorneys from car accident victims. Of course, you likely have many more questions about your own case and your legal rights after the crash. For free legal advice, call us now to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.