Legal Secretary Positions – Careers and Job Openings at Buckfire Law
• Number of hires for this role: 1
Full Job Description
When our prospective clients call us for help, they’re often going through an emotionally and/or physically difficult time. Our legal secretaries are responsible for providing clients an outstanding experience.
Our firm was recently named one of the best places to work in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, largely because we promote and endorse an awesome, fun, positive cultural work environment. We offer holiday pay, vacation/PTO pay, 401k, health insurance, long-term disability and many other benefits.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented experienced legal secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Scheduling, maintaining and calendaring all files in Needles case management software.
• Preparing letters, documents and case evaluations summaries; thoroughly proofreading for errors in grammar, spelling and formatting.
• Accurately maintain attorney’s calendar with important dates.
• Answering telephones (back up to receptionist as needed).
• State and Federal court e-filings.
• Opening, sorting and scanning all assigned attorney mail as well as sending out all correspondences and handling as needed.
• Reserve court reporters and video reports for depositions.
• Assist with discovery upon request.
• Communicating with clients and/or potential clients.
• Review and submit invoices for payment through software program.
• Arrange for service of process on parties and witnesses.
• Orders, tracks and downloads medical/other records for litigated matters.
• Adhere to all firm processes and procedures following all checklists and cheat sheets.
Qualifications and Skills
• Have a least 5 years’ experience as a Legal Secretary, preferably with personal injury.
• Effective problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
• Strong typing and computer skills, including MS Word.
• Understanding of Needles Case Management or similar (will train)
• Serve as Notary public.
• Strong client service skills, including compassion and empathy.
• Ability to both follow instructions and think independently.
• Personable on phone interaction with clients, attorneys, and experts.
• Proficient on computer, internet, required software, and e-mail.
• Ability to develop trust in clients and team members.
• Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented work environment.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Strong personal focus on meeting or exceeding individual, department, and Firm goals.
• Willingness to learn and become proficient in new software and technologies.
• Must be reliable.
What We Provide
We provide and excellent compensation package that includes a competitive salary, health insurance, disability insurance, 401k plan and other benefits. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume and references.
• 401(k) matching
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626