The Buckfire Law Scholarship Committee is currently accepting applications for the 2024 Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Disability Scholarship.
The Disability Scholarship was established in 2014 as part of the law firm’s commitment to helping students with disabilities or injuries who are in need of financial assistance for educational purposes.
The scholarship is available to students of any age, with any type of disability, including but not limited to physical disabilities, medical conditions, mental or psychiatric conditions, speech and language, learning disabilities, behavioral conditions, and all other conditions.
The scholarship will award $1,000 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee.
Disability Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States
- Has a disability diagnosis from any person qualified to make a diagnosis
- Completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited college or university.
Disability Scholarship Application Requirements
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2024 Disability Scholarship Program an applicant must submit the following items on or before October 1, 2024:
- A completed scholarship application form. (Located at the bottom of page)
- A one-page typed essay describing how you overcame adversity caused by your disability and what you learned from that experience.
- An official or unofficial transcript from an accredited college or university that includes your most recent semester
- Diagnosis documentation of the disability from a person qualified to make a diagnosis.
2023 Disability Scholarship Winner: Samantha Harker, Arizona State University
Harker is pursuing her Ph. D. in Neuroscience at Arizona State University. She previously earned two bachelor’s degrees in 2022, from Arizona State University, graduating Summa Cum Laude, and University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Harker was 15 years old when she memorized 1,294 digits of pi and gave a TEDx talk about it. She was also 15 when she was diagnosed with autism. She has dreams of being a neuroscientist and was supported through her position as a Starbucks under the Starbucks College Achievement Plan. She graduated from Arizona State University at age 20 and was the youngest individual ever selected as a Quad Fellow from Schmidt Futures.
Past Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Disability Scholarship Winners
- 2023: Samantha Harker, Arizona State University
- 2022: Nancy Pickett, University of Florida
- 2021: Gracie Bond, Hamline University
- 2020: Benjamin Kurz, The College of William & Mary
- 2019: Zoe Grisez, University of Denver
- 2018: Natalie Sullivan, University of Maryland
- 2017: Carley Dole, Northern Michigan University
- 2016: Ellie Tjelmeland, University of Southern Indiana
- 2015: Hanna Hughes, University of Minnesota Duluth
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626
- 432 N. Saginaw Street
Flint, MI 48502
- Phone: (810) 818-8182