As Michigan pedestrian injury lawyers, we recognize that victims of accidents in Michigan have a lot of questions about their legal rights. We try to answer many of your questions below. Of course, you probably have a question or concern unique to your own individual case that needs the attention of an experienced Michigan injury and accident attorney.

Yes, you are entitled to Michigan No-Fault insurance benefits to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other allowable expenses, even if you did not have your own auto insurance policy. Also, if you did have a policy that provided for uninsured motorists benefits, you could make a claim for your personal injuries.

Yes, you may be able to file a lawsuit for injuries suffered after a fall on sidewalk in Michigan. Under Michigan law, a claim due to the city’s failure to maintain the sidewalk can be made when the municipality violates required by Michigan Statute 691.1401, et. seq. In addition, the person who fell on the Michigan sidewalk due to a defective condition must provide the governmental notice of the defect and prove that it existed for at least 30 days prior to the fall. Also the victim must provide a written notice to the governmental entity within 120 days of the fall, failure to do this will result in no compensation for injuries.

Yes. A person who is injured in a pedestrian accident with a motor vehicle in Michigan can receive Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits for medical expenses, lost weages, attendant care services, and other benefits. If the injured pedestrian did not own a car or have an auto insurance policy, the claim can be made against the driver of the car, an insurance policy of a family member, or against the Michigan Assigned Claims Facility

Yes, if your son was a pedestrian run over by a car in Michigan and suffered serious injury, you can sue that driver. This is called a personal injury claim and includes claims for damages such as for pain and suffering, disability, and scarring or permanent disfigurement.

In addition, your son may be able to file a claim for Michigan No-Fault Insurance Benefits. These include claims for payment of medical bills, lost wages, household services, and attendant care services. Even if your son did not own a vehicle or have an auto insurance policy, he can still file a claim for No-Fault Benefits. All pedestrians run over by a car in Michigan do have legal rights and may be able to pursue both of these types of claims.

Finding the best lawyer in Michigan for a pedestrian accident lawsuit can be difficult task. When looking to hire an attorney after your Michigan pedestrian accident, you may want to ask the attorney the following questions:

  • Have you ever written a book on pedestrian accidents, auto accidents and insurance claims?
  • Do you have a website with information on pedestrian accident cases and free forms that I can print to make my insurance claims?
  • Have you ever taken an pedestrian accident case involving to trial and won a verdict for your client?
  • What kinds of settlements have you received for your clients?