The Law School Diversity Scholarship Program was created in 2013 as part of the law firm’s commitment to helping law students who are in need of financial assistance achieve their academic and professional dreams.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, the student must be a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority, or demonstrate a commitment to issues of diversity within their community.
The scholarship will award $2,000 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee.
Law School Diversity Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a member of an ethnic or racial minority or any individual who demonstrates a defined commitment to issues of diversity within their academic career.
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited law school within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited law school.
Law School Diversity Scholarship Applications Requirements
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2019 Law School Diversity Scholarship Program an applicant must submit the following items on or before Oct. 1, 2019:
- A completed scholarship application form. (Located at the bottom of page)
- A one-page typed essay describing how you have utilized your time promoting ethnic diversity within your community. Alternatively, you may write about how you will use your law degree to promote ethnic diversity in the future.
- A certified, official copy of law school transcript.
2018 Law School Diversity Scholarship Winner: Sarah Camiscoli, Yale Law School
Sarah Camiscoli, who previously worked as an English as a Second Language teacher in New York City, will be attending Yale Law School this upcoming fall.
Her time in the classroom exposed Camiscoli to the inequalities that students face within New York City’s segregated and under-resourced schools. This experience inspired her to found IntegrateNYC, an organization that convenes students across segregated schools to design solutions for school integration and equity.
Past Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Law School Diversity Scholarship Winners
- 2018: Sarah Camiscoli, Yale Law School
- 2017: Rachel McDuffie, Wayne State University Law School
- 2016: Effi Taylor, Villanova University School of Law
- 2015: Shoshana Brown, City University of New York Law School
- 2014: Jeffrey Garcia, University of Southern California Law School
- 2013: Tiffane King, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626