If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may wish to pursue a legal claim in order to receive compensation through a settlement or jury verdict. After suffering an injury, many people want to know the potential amount of their claim.
Unfortunately, there is no average settlement amount for an injury claim, as it requires an in-depth analysis by a Michigan slip and fall lawyer. Therefore, if you are looking to pursue compensation for your injuries, it may prove beneficial to consult with a skilled and knowledgeable attorney at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. for help with each step of the ensuing legal process.
Michigan law states that the owner or possessor of property has a legal duty to make the premises reasonably safe for guests and business invitees. If you were the victim of a slip and fall injury on property that did not adhere to this Michigan law, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the property owner and receive settlement.
Calculating Slip and Fall Settlement Amounts
Michigan slip and fall settlements provide compensation for people injured due to a dangerous conditions or defective premises. There is no specific formula or calculator used by lawyers or insurance companies to determine the settlement payout amount.
The amount of your settlement depends on a number of factors, including:
- Where did the injury occur? (private property, public property, or business)
- What was the condition that caused the fall?
- How long did the defective condition before the fall?
- What injuries were suffered from the fall?
- How much medical treatment was received for the injuries?
- What type of pain and suffering did you have from the fall?
- Will future medical treatment be needed? Future surgery?
- How much are the medical bills and lost wages?
- What activities can you no longer do after the incident?
How Much Money Can You Sue for in a Slip and Fall Case?
There is no limit to the amount of compensation that you can demand in a Michigan slip and fall lawsuit. Unlike other personal injury cases, there are no damage limits imposed by law. This allows victims to request full and fair compensation for their injuries without any caps on damages.
Our Michigan Slip & Fall Settlement Examples
Let our slip and fall attorneys get started on your case and get you the highest possible settlement amount. Below is a sample of some our lawsuit case results for fall injury victims just like you.
- $1,425,000 Jury verdict for a Warren woman who suffered a brain injury due to a fall on a wet restaurant floor
- $1,175,000 Settlement for a fall on dangerous and poorly maintained steps in Pontiac. The wooden steps broke and our client suffered a spinal cord injury which left him permanently disabled from work
- $500,000 settlement payout to the family of a man who died after hitting his head in a fall
- $450,000 Settlement for a woman who fell on a defective sidewalk and suffered multiple fractures requiring surgery
- $375,000 settlement for a fall on black ice at an Ann Arbor apartment complex
- $250,000 Settlement for an injury from a defective doorway entrance in Macomb County
- $195,000 Settlement for a man suffered a fractured hip from a fall on a wet floor in a hospital
More Settlements for Slip & Fall Injuries in Michigan
- $4,140,000 wrongful death settlement when a tenant in an apartment building died when a detached guardrail failed to support his weight, causing him to plummet three stories onto a concrete floor.
- $2,305,000 jury verdict. A tenant in a Flint apartment complex was injured after a broken handrail caused her to fall down a flight of stairs. She suffered from a broken ankle, which required ten procedures to repair and was recommended for amputation.
- $1,500,000 fall injury settlement. The victim was hired to restore a foreclosed property and suffered a spinal cord injury after falling through a hole in a second-story floor. The fall rendered the restoration worker a complete paraplegic.
- $1,250,000 premises liability settlement. A resident of a Michigan condominium complex sustained severe injuries after falling on a ramp at her time-share condominium.
Call a Lawyer about Michigan Slip and Fall Settlements
If you were injured due to a fall, you should reach out to our award-winning Michigan lawyers to discuss your legal options. Navigating the legal system alone can prove difficult and overwhelming, especially as you recover from an injury and you should not expect fair treatment from the insurance company.
At Buckfire & Buckfire, our attorneys work tirelessly to build your claim and request full and fair compensation in a settlement before ever going to trial. Call our legal professionals today to begin working toward your claim. We charge no legal fees unless you win a settlement.
Thank you again, Bob, for all your support during the past eighteen months. You are not only a fantastic attorney, you are a great person. I am so happy to have met you. My sincere thanks.
Buckfire & Buckfire is an exceptional law firm. I was really impressed with the way they handled my personal injury case. They are very caring about their clients and at many times I often felt I was their only client because of how much time was spent on my slip and fall accident case. I truly feel they went above and beyond to help me receive maximum settlement for my injuries.
We want to thank Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. for all of your support and advice in our daughter’s case. We are very happy the whole process is over and it ended well. Maia says thank you!
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626