Our Midland dam failure lawyers have received a large number of questions from flooding victims in Mid-Michigan over the last several days.  This includes residents and property owners in Midland, Beaverton, and in Saginaw County. We are filing Edenville Dam and Sanford Dam lawsuits for individuals and businesses that have suffered significant economic and financial losses from the flooding.

If you were the victim of the Midland dam flooding, you should call us now to get started on your case.  Our top-rated law firm has been helping Michigan residents for over 50 years.

Call us now. We are waiting to help you.

Below are some answers to the most commonly asked questions.

Can I file a lawsuit for the Midland dam failure?

If you suffered a personal injury or property damage from the Midland dam failure you can file a lawsuit.  The devastation from the Edenville and Sanford dam flooding has been catastrophic for residents and businesses in the Midland area.  Forced evacuations have caused people to leave their homes and relocate without any uncertainty of the future.  A dam failure lawsuit can help recoup your losses.

Can I Sue Boyce Hydro for flood damage to my property?

Boyce Hydro LLC is a private company incorporated in  Michigan.  The owner of Boyce Hydro is Lee Mueller of Las Vegas.  Boyce Hydro owns and operates the Secord, Smallwood, Edenville, and Sanford Hydroelectric Projects. The corporation has a history of violations and concerns about the safety of the dams.

According the news reports, the dam collapse was likely caused by poor maintenance over the years.  If you suffered property damage to you home, business, vehicles, and personal property, you are eligible to sue Boyce Hydro for your financial losses.  Our attorneys will evaluate your damage and determine if you can sue Boyce Hydro.  If you are eligible to file a case or join a class action lawsuit, we will start working on your case immediately.

How much money can I sue for in the Edenville & Sanford Dam flooding lawsuit?

The compensation in the dam flooding lawsuits will be based on the actual losses of each claimant.  Money damages include the replacement value of lost homes, property, businesses, vehicles, and personal belongings.  In addition, victims can claim costs of relocation and other expenses.

Victims may also be able to claim personal injury compensation.  These damages are for physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and psychological damages caused by the flooding.

Can I sue for a loss in property value if my property did not flood?

A significant number of property owners suffered a huge financial loss even though their property was not physically damaged by flood waters.  Many property owners, especially those with lake front homes and vacation properties, no longer have a house on a navigable body of water.  Essentially, their lake front homes are without a lake.

As a result, the value of their lake front property has dramatically decreased due the the Edenville Dam and Sanford Dam failures.  These individuals can file a lawsuit for the decrease in their property value caused by the dam failures.  The amount damages can be shown based upon a number of things, including the existing market property values before and after the flood, as well as the property tax assessment before the flood and the amount of the assessment after the flood.

What are my rights if I did not have flood insurance?

Flood insurance is very costly and many homeowners and business did not purchase the additional flood insurance.  Unfortunately, your insurance company may not have to pay your damages if your policy required additional flood coverage.  However, the lawsuits against the owner and operator of the dam may bring you compensation even if you did not have flood insurance for your property.

Will there be a class action lawsuit filed for the Midland dam breaking?

Initially, individual lawsuits will likely be filed for victims of the Midland dam flooding.  Because there will be a large number of similar claims, the court may grant class action status.  This is an efficient way for the court to handle a large number of claims arising from the same incident.

Our lawyers will discuss with you your best option for getting a settlement.  A number of class actions will be filed and choosing the best path is the key to winning compensation.

Will I be eligible for federal funds from FEMA?

The flooding has been declared a national emergency.  It is likely that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will help victims of the dam failure.  You should stay tuned for more information on this news and hopefully aid will be available to you soon.

How much does it cost to hire a lawyer for the Edenville dam flooding lawsuit?

Buckfire Law is representing flood victims under our No Fee Promise.  We recognize that this is the best way for flood victims to get a top-rated law firm on their side.  Under our fee agreement, you pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you get a settlement.  And, we only get paid our fee when your settlement check arrives.  Our fee is just a percentage of the total settlement award.

Who are the best lawyers for the Midland dam flooding cases?

Our award-winning attorneys are your best choice to get a recovery in the dam flooding lawsuits.  We have earned the top awards in the legal profession, including The Best Lawyers in America, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, and Top Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contact us now to start your case.  We will begin working immediately to help you.

Awards and Accolades
Our No Fee Promise No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win