Our experienced Michigan attorneys represent children who suffered lead paint poisoning. We have won the more settlements than all other law firms in the state combined. We have also obtained some of the highest settlements for these cases in the United States.
How Do I Get a Lead Poisoning Settlement?
To find out if you and your child can get a lead poisoning settlement, it is necessary for your lawyers to fully evaluate your case. When you call our office, we will ask you the following questions:
- How high were the child’s blood lead levels?
- What age was the child first diagnosed with elevated blood lead levels?
- Where were you living at the time of the exposure?
- Did the home have peeling, chipping, and flaking paint?
- Were you renting the property at the time of the poisoning?
- Who was your landlord at the time?
- Did you complaint to your landlord about peeling paint and dust in the property?
- What are the health and educational problems with your child?
Once we have this information, we can better understand the harm suffered by the child and can evaluate the potential settlement. Parents often receive settlement funds as well in these cases.
Who Pays the Settlement Amount?
Typically, the liability insurance company for the property owner or landlord pays the settlement amount. Occasionally there may also be a separate business insurance policy or the landlord is a large company that can pay the settlement on its own. Our attorneys will locate all potential sources for payment of the settlement and will go after all potential monies to provide for full compensation.
Examples of Our Lead Poisoning Settlements in Michigan
- $1,400,000 Settlement for a lead poisoned child in Detroit with behavior problems and learning difficulties. He lived in a HUD government subsidized apartment building at the time of his poisoning.
- $650,000 Settlement for a lead poisoned child in an apartment complex in the city of Detroit. The child had speech and language impairments, learning difficulties, and behavior problems.
- $600,000 Settlement for lead poisoned siblings at a rental in the city of Detroit.
- $500,000 Judgment against an apartment complex landlord in Detroit for a child who sustained injuries due to lead poisoning.
- $475,000 Settlement for a young girl who sustained lead poisoning as the result of a landlord improperly scraping and torching lead-based paint in her apartment in Monroe, Mich.
- $450,000 Settlement for lead-poisoned siblings at a rental home in the city of Detroit.
- $450,000 Settlement for a 19-year-old man who suffered significant lead poisoning as an infant while residing in a rental property in Champaign County, Ohio.
- $400,000 Settlement for a lead poisoned child in Howell, Mich.
- $400,000 Settlement for a lead poisoned child at a rental home in Muskegon, Mich.
- $390,000 Settlement for a child who suffered lead poisoning from lead-based paint and dust hazards at a rental property in Flint, Mich.
Call Our Lead Poisoning Settlement Attorneys
To start your claim for a lead poisoning payout, call our experienced attorneys today. We will get all of the medical records, school records, and health department inspection records and start building your child’s case. There is no cost to start your case and we do not charge any legal fees unless there is a settlement award. Contact us today so we can start our investigation immediately!
I hired the personal injury law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. to handle my food poisoning illness case after suffering injuries from eating at a banquet hall facility in Shelby Township, Michigan. I was very impressed with how the firm handled my case. It was clear that my attorney, Robert Lantzy, had my best interest in mind throughout the case. Mr. Lantzy communicated with me and kept me informed during the entire litigation process. I always knew exactly what was going on at every step of the case. He did an outstanding job and has a top notch legal staff who were very knowledgeable, and returned any of my calls promptly. I would highly recommend Mr. Lantzy and his firm to any of my friends or family members. I would say he is one of the top personal injury attorneys in Michigan. I was very pleased with the results of my case.
The health department inspector told me that Larry Buckfire was the best lead poisoning lawyer in Michigan. His greatest concern was the future financial security of my child and I am grateful for his efforts.
I would like to thank Buckfire and Buckfire,P.C. law firm for being an excellent source for me through the years for legal advice and assistance.
- 29000 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- Phone: (248) 595-7544
- 19 Clifford St.
Suite 805 Merchants Row
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 992-8281
- 1001 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
- Phone: (313) 777-8482
- 343 S. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Phone: (734) 888-3003
- 51424 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48316
- Phone: (586) 250-2626