Brain Bleed Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Case Type: Brain Bleed Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Case Number: Confidential
Date of Settlement: August 31, 2017
Facts of the Case
This case involved the death of a well-known and respected physician, who presented to the hospital with signs and symptoms of a progressing brain bleed. As a result of the alleged negligence by the nurses and physicians involved in his care, the patient’s deteriorating condition went unrecognized and undiagnosed until it was too late to save him.
When the patient became unresponsive from a massive brain hemorrhage, more than 12 hours after coming to the hospital, the patient was airlifted to another hospital for emergency brain surgery. Unfortunately, nothing could be done, and the patient passed away the next day at the age of 69.
Types of Injuries and Harm Suffered
- Wrongful death from failing to diagnose a brain bleed
- Loss of future wages
- Pain and suffering
Other Types of Damages
- Loss of society and companionship
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
Legal Issues in the Case
- Whether the nurses and physicians involved violated the standard of care
- Whether earlier diagnosis and treatment would have prevented this death
- Whether the patient would have ever been able to return to work as a physician
- Whether alleged negligence caused the patient’s death
What We Did to Win the Settlement
After an in-depth review of the medical records from numerous physicians and hospitals, we put together a detailed timeline of the events contained in the medical records.
We then retained leading experts in the fields of nursing, emergency medicine, and neurological surgery.
After extensive discovery and receiving key admissions during numerous depositions, we were able to settle this claim prior to trial.