Dondi R. VespriniTrial Attorney
Dondi R. Vesprini earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology in 1996 from Oakland University with a minor in Sociology. He earned his Juris Doctor degree in 1999 from the University of Detroit – Mercy School of Law where he was on the Moot Court Board of Directors, represented the law school in national moot court competition, and was a member of the St. Thomas More Society. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan, the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Michigan, the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Prior to joining Buckfire & Buckfire, Dondi worked for 11 years as a trial attorney for the Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katkowsky, P.C., which specialized in motorcycle accidents. Previously, Dondi worked for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office for 2 years where he tried felony drug cases and also worked on criminal appeals.
Dondi has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his injured clients and specializes in issues affecting motorcyclists such as motorcycle accidents, roadway defect accidents, and Michigan No Fault claims. He also litigates wrongful death, automobile negligence, slip and fall, dog bite attacks, and other personal injury matters . In addition to trial work, he has also argued cases in front of the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Dondi’s advocacy extends beyond the court room as he proposes legislation and meets with the Governor’s office, legislators and lobbyists regarding legislation affecting injured motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists alike, including but not limited to the Michigan motorcycle helmet law and fighting to preserve Michigan’s No Fault system and the benefits it provides to injured people.
Notable Settlements & Verdicts
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Juris Doctor
- Oakland University, 1996
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Sociology
- Michigan Association for Justice – Member
- Attorney and Member of Board of Directors of ABATE of Michigan (American Bikers Aiming Toward Education)
- Attorney for the Michigan Confederation of Clubs(MCOC) – motorcycle rights organization
- Received MCOC Appreciation Award (2018)
- Received award for Most Dedicated Person (2013)
- Attorney for the State of Michigan for Aid to Injured Motorcyclists (AIM)
- Attorney for the State of Michigan for the National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM) – national motorcycle rights organization
- Annual presenter regarding motorcycle related legal issues at ABATE of Michigan’s Annual Seminar and Membership Meeting
- Annual speaker at ABATE of Michigan’s Freedom Rally on the steps of the Michigan Capitol in Lansing, Michigan
- Numerous presentations at various ABATE Regional meetings on a variety of legislative and legal issues affecting motorcyclists
- Bi-Monthly presentations at the Michigan Confederation of Clubs meetings on a variety of legislative and legal issues affecting motorcyclists.
- Multiple time presenter to the Honda Gold Wing Road Riders Association regarding a variety of legislative and legal issues affecting motorcyclists.
- Multiple time speaker at National Coalition of Motorcyclist’s annual convention.
- Multiple time presenter to BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan regarding a variety of legislative and legal issues affecting motorcyclists.
- Presenter to various other motorcycle organizations, clubs and riding groups regarding legal issues affecting motorcyclists.
- Monthly article in ABATE of Michigan’s “Michigan Rider” publication
- Monthly article in “Midwest Motorcyclist – The Complete Guide to Motorcycling in the Midwest”
- Article has also appeared in “Thunder Roads” magazine of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Member, ABATE
- Member, MCOC
- Member, AIM
- Soccer coach
- Active in church activities
Dondi is a lifelong sports fan of the Lions, Pistons, Tigers and Red Wings. He holds out hope that his children may one day experience a Lions Super Bowl victory as it pains him to admit that he seriously questions whether he will ever see one in his lifetime. He is also a big supporter of Oakland University basketball and is convinced that one day the Golden Grizzlies will make a memorable run in the NCAA “march madness” national championship tournament.
Dondi’s favorite things to do are spend time and vacation with his family. Dondi also enjoys golfing, practicing martial arts, and playing soccer, although he is very close to permanently swapping his cleats for a clipboard as he also enjoys coaching soccer as well. He also enjoys taking in a good movie, having fun with friends and playing Madden on his PlayStation (some childhood habits are hard to break).
This attorney is not a partner, shareholder, or officer in the Buckfire Law Firm. As such, this attorney is not authorized to enter into contracts or legal agreements on behalf of the law firm. This includes, but is not limited to, contracts for equipment purchases and/or leases, vehicle leases, client advances, lawsuit funding, insurance agreements, liens, advertising or sponsorships, or any other agreement in connection with his employment with the law firm. Any agreement made by this attorney is not binding on the Buckfire Law Firm and is the sole personal responsibility of this attorney. Only agreements signed by a shareholder will be honored and considered binding on the law firm and its owner.